Quality Assurance Engineer (2) APPLY NOW
ROYBI is an award-winning educational company with products for children such as robots, digital books, and games. Our educational robot, ROYBI Robot, was featured two times on the cover of TIME Magazine as one of the Best Inventions in Education, Forbes called us a game-changer in education, and CNBC named us as one of the world's most promising startups.
- Execution and maintenance of existing test frameworks
- Develops and deploys new test frameworks and monitoring systems
- Reviews new device software and hardware technical requirements and assists in the development of a quality strategy for the new features
- Gains a deep understanding of the AWS products and drives their quality
- Drives quality initiatives and points out areas that require attention
- Able to define success criteria broadly and deeply within the system
- Creates test reports, identifies bugs and issues, analyzes and tests customer returns, creates issue logs, collects feedback and reports to R&D
- 4+ years of hands-on experience with the execution of software project testing: defining test strategy, writing test plans, designing and executing software tests, iterative development process improvement.
- Bachelors in Computer Science or Engineering, or equivalent experience.
- Must have prior experience with hardware and manufacturing companies.
- Must be fluent in English and Chinese.
- Demonstrates experience utilizing high-quality automation to solve test problems.
- Experience with bug-tracking tools.
- Good working knowledge of one of the following programming languages: Java or Python.
- Experience in debugging, diagnosing, and troubleshooting complex, production software issues.
- Ability to run tests at a large scale and filter out relevant information in large result sets.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and agile development environment.
- Possess excellent communication, sharp analytical abilities, and proven design skills.
- Minimal travel is required .
- Masters in Computer Science or a related technical field.
- Creates and maintains automated test frameworks.
- Experience with testing embedded or local software on consumer- or developer-focused device hardware.
- Understanding of overall system architecture, reliability, and performance of embedded software.
- Occasional company travels
- Flexible working hours
- Work fully remotely
- Very friendly team and environment
- Huge room for growth and creativity
- Unlimited vacations
ROYBI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.