ROYBI is the next-generation, AI-powered, educational companion robot, currently targeting 3-7-year-old children focusing on language learning. ROYBIinteracts with kids as well as their supervisors, including teachers, parents, and grandparents. Over the past few months, ROYBI has won numerous awards and recognitions such as Winner of 2018 Alibaba Cloud Contest North America, Top 30Innovation Awards in Silicon Valley, Top 100 Semifinalists in the US by Consumer Technology Association, and many more.
We are now looking for a passionate and energetic Communications Intern to join our team to assist our team with communications between the US and China. You will be part of an all-star team with a mission to impact early childhood education.
- Assist the team with internal and external communications especially in Chinese.
- Translate and update the company’s English documents to Chinese for media, investor, and public relations purposes.
- Attend some in-person meetings with the team in the Bay Area and possibly China.
- Assist the team with on-site communications in Chinese and English, take notes, and prepare meeting minutes and agenda.
- Assist the team with some research and market analysis primarily in China.
- Support the team to create social media content calendar for the US and China markets.
- Proudly support and promote ROYBI in social events and your professional circles.
- Be willing to undertake communication and business development tasks as assigned by the team.
- Report directly to the CEO
- Masters in any of the following fields: public relations, marketing, communications, digital communication for business development. Ideal candidates will be detail oriented, organized and creative and possess a professional work ethic and be enthusiastic to gain new knowledge.
- You must be fluent in Mandarin and be able to read/write in Mandarin
- Passionate and willing to dedicate your time to ROYBI and its mission
- Excellent communications and writing skills in English
- Familiar with Chinese culture and be able to communicate effectively
- Spend at least 10 hours a week with the team
- Excellent computer skills with experience in social media, Google Sheets (Drive), Microsoft Office, WeChat, WhatsApp, Slack, or Trello.
- The ability to work independently and with others. Dependability, flexibility, and ability to maintain confidentiality
- The ability to work well under pressure, meet deadlines, and willing to work flexible hours to accommodate communications with the team in China
- Proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator, or InDesign preferred
- Openness to learning and growing within the internship experience
Send us samples of your writing both in Chinese and English and tell us why you want to join ROYBI.