We are looking for a full-time Business Manager who is passionate about startups and willing to go above and beyond their job description.
You will be among the very early founding employees helping us shape the future of ROYBI together. This is a tremendous opportunity to help lead an expanding team with the potential for the position to grow in the future.
As the go-to person at our Silicon Valley headquarters, you will:
- Manage the day to day work for the office, team’s scheduling, and some project management
- Facilitate the communication between the team globally, respond to customers if needed, and ensure smooth daily operations
- Be the CEO’s right hand, especially when she travels, making sure to report back daily operations, team requirements, and work on overall business activities
- Support the CEO in creating business and sales plans, company presentations, communication with partners or internal staff, create technical documents, review the documents for public release, and related tasks
- Assist in recruitments, reviewing documents, and prepare for approval, budget planning, and expense review
- Proofread, draft letters, proposals, or emails as required
- Coordinate events, facilitate all preparations for tradeshows, and support the team in managing the entire process
- Manage travels and attend the events and conferences with the team to promote ROYBI
- Occasionally answer customer calls or on behalf of the team. Take notes and send to the related departments
- Help the team with occasional product testing, and creating reports
- This position will require both domestic and international travels.
- Minimum 3 years experience at a fast-paced startup
- Strong business and analytical skills
- A willingness to learn and collaborate with the team
- Strong verbal and written skills with the ability to communicate effectively
- A fun and easy-going personality, team player, willing to listen to feedback and improve, sense of humor, and a strong willingness to learn
- An in-depth understanding of how startups operate, especially in a lean environment
- Knowledge in helping a company operate smoothly, efficiently, and within their budget
- Ability to handle multiple tasks within tight deadlines
- Communicates with the team in different time zones and the ability to occasionally work early mornings or late nights to meet the business needs in different time zones.
- Proficient with Mac, Microsoft Office, Google Suites, Trello, Slack, Zoom, MailChimp, and experience with graphic tools is a plus
- Tech-savvy and up-to-date with the latest trends in technology
- A Masters or BA in communications, business development, finance or related fields
- Flexible working hours, and occasional remote work
- Prior experience at a hardware company is a huge plus
Start immediately at our Silicon Valley office! Note the company is currently in Palo Alto, CA but will move to San Jose or the surrounding area after November 2019.